| ABOUT SCERIN
SCERIN (originally SEERIN) is an informal network of scientists and other professionals based in the region or with scientific interests in the region of
South Eastern and Central Europe.
The SCERIN geographic domain encompasses Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe, the Danube watershed and western Black Sea coast. SCERIN contributes to GOFC-GOLD and has strong linkages with the Northern Eurasia Earth Science Partnership Initiative (NEESPI), which are programs of internationally supported Earth System Science research.
SCERIN regional network of GOFC-GOLD: Informal network of scientists and other professionals based in the region or with scientific interests in the region. SCERIN has linkages with the NEESPI and IGU LUCC workgroup.
Goals of SCERIN:
Thematic focus of SCERIN:
- To promote and coordinate the production and provision of Earth System observations for the user communities in South, Central and Eastern Europe.
- To focus on regional and local issues related to satellite data products, methodologies, and end users.
- LCLUC and implications to climate & society
- Forest function, disturbances, fires
- Ecosystem carbon storage and flux dynamics