The goal of the SCERIN-7 CBW is to review how the remote sensing community can support and contribute to the environmental stability in the region and forecast the forthcoming LCCs.
Through working sessions, discussions and field trip during the four days’ workshop, the SCERIN-7 participants will review the recent research accomplishments in the LCLUC research area, GOFC-GOLD and GEO, and will:
The objectives of the SCERIN-7 workshop are:
- foster new ideas for network collaborations and joint projects/manuscripts by participants, and
- address in the working sessions specific issues/needs in LCC characterization in the regionof South, Central and Eastern Europe (SCE), with special attention on LCD precursors ofLCC.
The SCERIN-7 opening and plenary session are planned tentatively for morning of June 24, 2019 in coordination with TAT.
During the working sessions of the SCERIN Focus Groups and a dedicated field visit, the participants would discuss and visit regional examples of LCLUC typical for Serbia.
- to inform about ongoing major scientific efforts and projects with possible contribution and follow-up activities of the SCERIN participants;
- facilitate progress of the ongoing activities of the SCERIN focus groups; and
- foster new ideas for joint papers by participants.
The workshop will facilitate the discussions and work of the SCERIN four focus groups:
FG1: Forest monitoring – forest management, forest health and function, forest disturbances and biomass [Leads: M. Nita/ J. Albrechtová/ F. Zemek]
FG2: Land cover changes – agricultural abandonment, urban expansion [Leads: G. Taff/ L.
Kupková/ P. Stych/ L. Genc]
FG3: Validation/verification network [Leads: L. Filchev/ I. Manakos/ A. Halabuk/ P.
FG4: Water management and LC impacts (river watersheds, catchments, dams, Leads: V.
Starodubtsev/ I. Pilas / V. Lagutov]